Depth of anesthesia and sedation module
Intensive care during postoperative period
Solution for brain activity index (AI) monitoring
Depth of anesthesia module is convinient OEM solution for monitoring of brain activity index (AI).
AI - a parameter that indicates patient's anaesthesia and sedation level. It is calculated on the basis of continuously recorded and analyzed EEG.
Application of AI monitoring:
- eliminates the risk of awareness from the anesthesia;
- reduces the consumption of anesthetics;
- reduces the time of the awakening from anesthesia by 35-50%.
Depth of anaesthesia and sedation module provides doctor opportunities:
- stably maintain the required depth of sedation (according to statistics, without AI-control more than 69% of patients have insufficient or excessive depth of sedation);
- improve the quality of care and reduce costs of sedatives.
Principle of operation:
- 3 typical electrodes are placed into the patient's forehead to record EEG signal;
- module processes the incoming signal and calculates AI in the range from 0 to 100, that reflects level of patient's consciousness;
- AI value of 100 means that the patient is fully awaken;
- AI value of 0 means there is no brain activity (flat EEG).
|AI - Brain activity index|| |
indicates patient's depth of anaesthesia and sedation level.
Depth of anaesthesia evaluation is based on analisys of electroencephalogram (EEG). Algoritm of EEG analisys keeps information about typical signs of influence of different groups of anaesthetics - types of EEG suppresion
|SR - EEG signal suppresion rate||reflects the suppression of EEG activity and determines level of the further deepening of anaeshesia|
|SQI - EEG signal quality index||indicates the influence of impedance of cable electrodes, artifacts, high-frequency noise, power mains disturbances and decreases linearly from 100% to 0%|
|EMG - Electromyographic component level||electrical activity of facial muscles|
|Patient age groups||Adults, children over 10 years old|
|Measurement method||Data processing of one electroencephalogram lead|
|Scheme of applying of electrodes|| |
Derivation points F7-FZ
F8-FZ (a frontotemporal part)
|Measured parameters|| |
Brain activity index (AI)
Signal suppression rate (SR)
Signal quality index (SQI)
Electromyographic component level (EMG)
Impedance of electrodes (Z1-Z3)
|Alarm conditions|| |
High/ low AI
Technical alarms (high electrode impedance, electrode disconnection, HF noise, multiple artifacts etc.)
Features and advantages
|Universality||Operates with inhalation and intravenous anaesthetics|
|Low cost in operation||Kit from 3 typical ECG-electrodes is used for measurement|
|Simplicity and safety for patient||3 ECG-electrodes are placed on the fronto-temporal lobes of the patient|
Using the device allows:
The information is for reference only. The list of features is not complete. For the detailed information please contact us.
Not a public offer.