Depth of anesthesia and sedation module
Intensive care during postoperative period
Solution for monitoring brain activity index (AI)
Depth of anesthesia module is complex OEM solutions for monitoring brain activity index (AI).
AI - a parameter to evaluate the effect of general anesthesia and sedation brain. It is calculated on the basis of continuously recorded EEG.
When surgical interventions AI allows you to:
- eliminate the risk of early exit from the anesthesia;
- reduce the consumption of anesthetics;
- reduce the time of exit after anesthesia by 35-50%.
The AI allows the ICU:
- stably maintain the required depth of sedation (according to statistics, without AI-control more than 69% of patients have insufficient or excessive depth of sedation);
- improve the quality of care and reduce costs sedatives.
Principle of operation:
- electrodes located on the patient's forehead, from which recorded EEG;
- module processes the incoming signal and calculates AI-index, number from 0 to 100, which gives an indication of the degree of consciousness of the patient;
- AI-index value of 100 means that the patient is fully conscious;
- AI-index value of 0 means there is no brain activity.
- general anesthesia AI- index value must be in the range from 40 to 50; Sedation is recommended for level 60 to 85.
|AI - Brain activity index|| |
indicates patient`s depth of anaesthesia and sedation level.
Depth of anaesthesia evaluation is based on analisys of electroencephalogram (EEG). Algoritm of EEG analisys keeps information about typical signs of influence of different groups of anaesthetics - types of EEG suppresion
|SR - EEG signal suppresion rate||reflects the suppression of EEG activity and determines level of the further deepening of anaeshesia|
|SQI - EEG signal quality index||indicates the influence of impedance of cable electrodes, artifacts, high-frequency noise, power mains disturbances and decreases linearly from 100% to 0%|
|EMG - Electromyographic component level||electrical activity of facial muscles|
|Patient age groups||Adults, children 10 years old and older|
|Measurement method||Data processing of one electroencephalogram lead|
|Scheme of applying of electrodes|| |
Derivation points F7-FZ
F8-FZ (a frontotemporal part)
|Displaying digital parameters|| |
Brain activity index (AI)
Signal suppression ratel (SR)
Signal quality index (SQI)
Electromyographic component level (EMG)
Impedance of electrodes (Z1-Z3)
Low level of alarm on AI
High level of alarm on AI
Visual and sound alarm system
|Controllable alarms and trends|| |
Excess of the measured value of index of a brain activity from the value established by the user for alarm system
Excess of the measured value of impedances of electrodes for the preestablished value
Reduction index of a signal quality below the preestablished value
Inadmissible high level of a interference from EHI or a mains-operated interference
24 hours of graphical trends
Features and advantages
|Universality||Operates with inhalation and intravenous anaesthetics|
|Low cost in operation||Kit from 3 typical ECG-electrodes is used for measurement|
|Simplicity and safety for patient||3 ECG-electrodes are placed on the fronto-temporal lobes of the patient|
Using the device allows:
The information is for reference only. The list of features is not complete.For the detailes information please contact the manufacturer.
Not a public offer.